The first name that crosses our minds when we hear about email services is undoubtedly Gmail . It is the most popular email service provider available on world wide web and also the most user friendly one, which means it doesn’t have many advanced or tricky features. Still there are many hidden features tucked away which you are not aware of and using them can enhance you gmail experience. We bring you 10 amazingly cool Gmail tricks that will make using Gmail in the best ever way .
1. Undo Sent Mails
Below are the steps to Recall your sent mails with Undo
Turn on ‘Undo Sent’
- Open Gmail on your computer
- Click Settings Settings.
- In the “Undo Send” section, check the box next to “Enable Undo Send.”
- In the “Send cancellation period” section, set the amount of time you want to decide if you want to unsend an email.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
After you activated Undo Send, you can cancel sending an email.
- After you send a message, you’ll see the message “Your message has been sent” and the option to Undo or View message.
- Click Undo.
2. Check your read receipts using ‘ Mail Tracks’
And you thought “double ticks’ are only a whats-app thing !! One of the best feature of the gmail is to check whether your mail has been opened or not . A double tick ensure that your mail has been opened and read . Mail Track is one the chrome extensions which facilitates you this feature . It let’s you track unlimited number of mails for free. but with free version you cannot turn of the tracker once activated.
Click here to install Mail Track
3. Read Gmail Offline
Imagine you forgot your tickets to your favourite movie at home, voila they are their in your Gmail, so why worry ?? But what happens when you don’t have the access to internet and you cannot scroll through your mails to present at the ticket counter !! For those crucial times, Gmail Offline comes to your rescue . It let’s you read your mails offline .
All you need to is install Gmail Offline Extension in Google Chrome and start reading your mails offline . Just follow the simples steps below to install and enable Gmail Offline :
- Go to Settings and Click the Offline tab.
- Click Install Gmail Offline and let it install.
- Once installed, let it sync all your emails for Offline viewing and you are all set for Gmail Offline.
4. Send Email from other Email IDs .
This option allows you to send email from your other Email Ids, without actually logging into multiple accounts.
Below are the steps to enable this feature.
- Head over to Settings > Accounts and Import
- Click “Add another email address you own”
- Add your email address and you will be able to send email via the new address as well.
5. Mass Unsubscribe
Mass Unsubscribe in Gmail Enables you to get rid of annoying newsletters that unnecessarily jams your Inbox and consume space. Simply click the “unsubscribe” button next to the sender’s address in promotional emails. It’s a great one-click solution for cleaning up your inbox! Another tip for the newsletters that don’t get the “unsubscribe” button: type “unsubscribe” into the search box, and you’ll probably find every deal, discount, and event email notification you’ve ever signed up for. Plug-in like “unroll me” can clean up all the junk at one go .
6. Add themes to your inbox
This feature allow you to change the themes and background of your Gmail Inbox i.e you can customise the Gmail themes just by clicking the Gear Icon and choosing themes . You can choose from the already available beautiful themes or upload on your own.
7. Let Others Access your Gmail Account
At times when you are too busy or don’t have access to your email but you need to send a reply to one those important mails on an urgent basis, you can let others access to your Gmail Account and reply on your behalf without being actually sharing your password .
Follow the steps below to give access :
- Go to Settings > Accounts and Import
- Click “Add another account” next to “Grant access to your account”
- Follow the steps to add another account and give it access to your Gmail.
8. Schedule your Email
If you have are ready with your mail but don’t to send it now, you can always schedule it for a later day or time . Download the Boomerang Gmail plug-in to schedule when an email should be sent. Choose a specific time to send the message like 8:45 a.m. when you know the recipient is just sitting down to email, or a more general time like “next Tuesday.”
9. Important Key Board Shortcuts
Like we have ctrl + c and ctrl + v for copy and paste ,similar shortcut keys are there in Gmail to perform multiple task by pressing a single key. If you don’t have keyboard shortcuts enabled, head to Settings, and under the General tab, turn keyboard shortcuts to “on.” Once you have these enabled, just type one letter or a combination of letters to simplify everyday tasks.
10. Vacation Auto Reply
This feature comes handy when you are on leave/ out of town /vacation or don’t have access to the internet for any reason. Then you can turn on the Auto Reply feature in your Gmail to reply all the emails with simple template . Below are the steps :
- Go to Settings > General
- Scroll down to Vacation Auto responder and turn it on
- Insert your personalised email message that you want to send to the incoming emails.
- Save changes and you’re done.
We hope these tricks will help you enhancing your Gmail experience and you’ll able to get the most out of it . Also get your shopping experience elevated by availing the best offers and discounts .