Today, most people use WordPress to develop and manage their websites. If you are among those users who want to migrate their website from Joomla to WordPress, the below-mentioned step will help you through doing so.
Most developers prefer “FG Joomla to WordPress” plugin in order to migrate their Joomla website to the WordPress platform. Here is the complete procedure of Joomla to WordPress Migration:
1st Step: Install WordPress
First, install WordPress on your computer system to move your website from Joomla to WordPress. It is easy to install WordPress with the following steps:
- Download the WordPress package to your PC or laptop from http://wordpress.org/download/.
- Now, upload WordPress to your Hosting Account.
Create MySQL Database and User
- When you have uploaded the WordPress, it’s time to Log into cPanel. Then, go to the Databases section and click on to the MySQL Database Wizard icon.
- In the Databases section, click the MySQL Database Wizard icon. Here, you will need to create a Database. Now, enter the database name & click on Next Step.
- In order to create Database Users, enter the database username & password and click on Create User.
- When you have created Database Users, it’s time to add User to the Database, click on the “All Privileges checkbox” and click on “Next Step”.
Run the Installation
- In order to run the installation script, open a new browser window and go to the installation page.
- Here, you will find the following URLs:
- Here, you will need to replace the yourdomain.com with your domain name.
- Now, you can see the welcome page.
Complete the Installation
- On “Complete the Installation” page, you will need to fill the fields:
- Site Name
- Email address
- After filling all these fields, Click Install Now and you will see the final screen that will say the message: “Success! WordPress has been installed.”
Install FG Joomla to WordPress Plugin
So, now you have installed WordPress, it’s time to install FG Joomla to WordPress Plugin. Consider following steps to do the same:
- First, log into WordPress Dashboard.
- Now, click on the left navigation menu, you will find “Plugins”
- Click on Plugins then Add New.
- Now, search for FG Joomla to WordPress and click Search Plugins.
- Click on “Install Now”, and click “Ok”. Now, Click “Activate Plugin”.
Connect Joomla to WordPress
- In the left navigation menu of Dashboard, click on Tools > Import > Joomla.
- Now, input Joomla database settings in the boxes.
- Enter the URL in the URL field and Click on the “Test the connection”.
- Then, you will get a success message.
– When you have connected Joomla to your WordPress website, it’s time to choose the content you want to import.
– In the Behavior section, you can check off the boxes for the content you are looking forward to import.
– You can move following content from Joomla to WordPress:
- Internal Links
– After choosing the content, click on “Import content from Joomla to WordPress”.
– Once the import has been completed, you will find the yellow sections on the page that will show the confirmation of imported content.
Now, you can visit and refresh your site to see your Joomla content on your migrated WordPress website.