Today, an increasing number of users access the internet using a variety of devices. In fact, according to a study, more than 38% of Google searches are now originating from mobile phones. Thus, it is extremely imperative to ensure that your WordPress website looks presentable on every internet-enabled devices.
Why do you need a mobile-friendly website?
Simply put, because that’s where your users are.
Users are on iPhone, smartphones, tablets and iPads, running from one place to another, or playing games on mobile late night, just like you. Mobile is how they communicate, search, study and work today. Thus, you need to reach to your customers to grow exponentially.
Morever, the internet offers a wide range of options to web users across the world. If you are not available for your customers at the right time on the right platform, you may lose a valuable customer forever.
Moreover, Google has recently launched a mobile-friendly ranking algorithm that is designed to give mobile-friendly and responsive sites more weightage in the search engine results page. So, a responsive site is not only important to improve user experience but also to improve your search engine rankings.
How can a responsive site benefit you?
Having a responsive and mobile-friendly site can greatly benefit your business. Consider your site as an addition of your sales team. Would you want to represent your business through an unkempt sales representative? Of course, you wouldn’t! Similarly, you should not offer an unresponsive site to your users who are exclusively seeking your services and products on the internet. A responsive site design provides an optimized appearance of your existing site to offer enhanced user navigation experience.
How to build responsive site that works?
The good news is, you no longer have to spend a fortune on getting multiple versions of your website developed from professional web developers to make your site responsive and device-friendly.
WordPress is a great platform to build aesthetically appealing, fully functional and responsive websites today that capture the attention of web users. WordPress offers a plethora of aesthetically appealing and responsive themes that can be used to give your site a desirable look while making it highly responsive.
Let’s explore some of the best responsive themes:
Shapely is a wonderfully designed WordPress theme that has the capability to great enhance the development process. The theme is a blend of astounding graphics and high functionality. Of course, Shapely is compatible with desktop computers, laptops, notebooks, iPads, iPhones and Windows and Android phones. One-page design layout is supported, allowing you to build a business, portfolio or professional site.
Impressive features of Shapely
- Offers high customization through numerous options
- Supports full screen hero image
- Features a one-page design layout
- Multilingual and translation ready
- Offers a wide variety of color options to choose from
- Has inbuilt font awesome support
Sparkling is an impressive, modern and minimalist WordPress theme ideal for creating business, portfolio and a variety of websites. Based on the latest bootstrap technology, Sparkling boasts of fully responsive and retina retina design layout. Sparkling comes with a full-screen slider that enables you to highlight your creative content as well as visuals of your website.
Impressive features of Sparkling:
- Support powerful and useful plugins including W2 Total Cache, SEO by Yoast, Gravity Forms, Contact Form 7 and so much more.
- WooCommerce plugin integration to help you build a fully functional online store
- Comes with a color picker to allow you to change colors as per your needs
- Offers various Font Awesome Icons
Enigma is a clean, modern and powerful WordPress theme that can be used to build any type of website. The theme is developed keeping in mind various aspect of building a flawless website. Enigma is built on Bootstrap CSS framework assuring that your website fits every screen size.
Enigma’s amazing features:
- Comes with 5 widgets including 1 sidebar and 4 footers
- Offers 4 page layouts and 2 page templates.
- Comes integrated with social media buttons
- Has a user-friendly and advanced Theme Options Panel
Shopkeeper is yet another free WordPress theme that boasts of its responsive and user-friendly design layout. Shopkeeper is one of the most popular WordPress themes that has managed to receive 4.5 user ratings. The theme comes with a Slider Resolution plugin and Visual Composer drag and drop page builder to make building pages a lot easier for you.
Outstanding features of Shopkeeper
- Comes with advanced Theme Options panel to make customization easy
- Offers dozens of pre-built page layouts
- Unlimited header styles to choose from
- Has Masonry layout to let you blog in style
- Ready to go portfolio grid styles
- Around-the-clock support available
Themes play an crucial role in making your site responsive. Thus, it is extremely important to choose a theme that best suits your needs and requirements.